The Mid-Atlantic Center offers consultation and when needed, referrals to specialists that address reproductive and/or children’s environmental health issues. We can also provide factsheets and available websites to provide additional information.
When you call, there are some basic questions that our Center Team will ask to better serve you:
- What is the age of your child OR if pregnant, when is your due date?
- Where do you live and where is the exposure occurring neighborhood, workplace, child’s school, or day care?
- What symptoms is your child OR if pregnant, are you experiencing?
- Do symptoms seem to occur at the same time of day? Seasonal?
- Do symptoms seem to occur after being at the same place every day?
- Are family members/neighbors/co-workers experiencing similar symptoms?
- Have you ever relocated due to concerns about an environmental exposure?
- Have you remodeled your home recently?
- Who is the primary care provider?
Listed below are factsheets and resources. If you are unable to find the information you need here, please contact the Mid-Atlantic Center and we will help!
Children's Health Issues Podcast with EPA
Podcast #2: Heat and Declining Air Quality
Podcast #3: Climate Change and Flooding/Precipitation
If you need to monitor an incident of poisoning or have a question about a potential source of poisoning, please call the American Association of Poison Control Centers at 1-800-222-1222.